Join our award-winning team as a IT Linux System Administrator. In this critical role, you will be working hand-in-hand with other IT staff to build and maintain the next generation infrastructure globally. This person will be responsible for installation, configuration, provision, operation and availability for hardware and software in our Spain headquarters. In addition, you will also be required to provide timely and courteous user support for technical issues relating to the use and operation of all IT / Development infrastructure.
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
Responsibilities and Job Functions:
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through ticketing system.
- Ensure proper security
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Assist with purchasing required new hardware and software. Maintain hardware and software inventory database, assign assets, and manage warranty and service agreement information.
- Gather system requirements and roll out new systems and services.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware and software issues reported in local infrastructure.
- Install, configure, maintain, and support hardware and software for the company.
- Maintain switches, firewalls, VPN, and WIFI configuration and troubleshooting LAN/WAN connectivity.
- Be able to analyze and solve problems and learn new technologies.
- Document procedures and processes and follow a formal change management procedure.
- Perform centralized administration of IT services (i.e. cloud, Antivirus, OS Deployment, software installation, corporate video conference system, group policies, inventory, patching and routine maintenance).
- Minimum BA/BS in a technology discipline or equivalent with 3-5 years of experience in supporting enterprise level systems is required.
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Demonstrate proficient English verbal, written and interpersonal communication, customer service and organizational skills are required.
- Must be able to work closely with peers, understand business processes and work effectively with cross functional teams and timezones.
- Ability to work independently, organize, and prioritize several projects and tasks at one time.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with: OpenStack, Vmware, Ceph, Docker, AWS, Jenkins and JIRA/Confluence. Don't you have experience in any of those technologies? Don't worry, we have an onboarding training program.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, and LPP grants. We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer