Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
About Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
Rocket Lab has a geographically disperse team with distributed areas of expertise that are required to work together efficiently on the delivery of key programs. Strategic growth for the company is currently focussed on the expansion of the Space Systems division and with that, multiple Spacecraft and Space Operations opportunities. Successful execution of these opportunities requires a proven project manager to coordinate technical delivery in NZ across functional work streams, manage on time delivery on behalf of space systems, and ensure appropriate resourcing.
This role will be required to wear many hats and take a hands-on/direct approach to managing projects through from concept through to delivery. The role also comes with a requirement for direct interface with internal and external stakeholders across NZ and the USA, therefore, maintenance and growth of relationships is critical to success.
- Business or Business Administration, Management or Engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- 10+ years relevant project experience.
- Extensive experience maintaining relationships with third parties.
- 5+ years proven leadership experience with the ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Proven experience working to deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with a range of people of varying backgrounds and personalities.
- Consistently identifies the right person to produce the right solution when faced with an engineering challenge
- Able to coordinates cross-functional engagement to drive engineering best practice, knowledge sharing, and improvements with global teams
- Able to accurately assess and estimate technical requirements and capacity for projects
- Can prioritize, manage, and drive multiple projects simultaneously
- Can set group/business priorities using Risk Based Decision Making
- Experience in aerospace project management
- Degree in aerospace engineering
- Exposure to R&D engineering in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
If the above sounds like you apply now!
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.