Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
About the role
The Senior RF Navigation Engineer is responsible for developing radio navigation systems for Rocket Lab’s launch vehicles and satellites. You will be responsible for leading the development of these systems across their development cycle, to ensure the systems are subjected to an appropriate level of engineering rigor, well documented, in compliance with requirements and generally fit for purpose. You will work closely with RF systems engineers and test engineers, and with RL teams responsible for interfacing subsystems. You will be challenged daily and to succeed you will need to adapt quickly and thrive under pressure to achieve tight project deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, majoring in communications systems (or an equivalent qualification)
- 5+ years of experience working as a radio navigation engineer (or in an equivalent role)
- Experience designing, integrating, and testing radio navigation systems and developing associated documentation such as requirements specifications, design documents and test plans
- A solid theoretical and practical understanding of radio navigation techniques and technologies including RF solution architectures, signal processing and positioning algorithms
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Experience developing radio navigation systems for reusable platforms (launch vehicles, lunar landers, etc.)
Rocket Lab employee benefits:
- The opportunity to work on innovative and groundbreaking technology
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
- An employee stock purchase program
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.