Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer II, Space Systems to join our highly dynamic team based out of Long Beach, CA. You will be responsible for managing and resolving quality issues and meeting strict delivery targets during development, production line commissioning, and continuous production. The Quality Engineer II will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders resolving and determining solutions to address root cause issues.
New Manufacturing Line – Space Systems
Candidate will provide guidance and support on quality requirements to Rocket Lab Space Systems division through design, prototype, and development of a product line production plan for Photon satellite systems, subsystems, and components.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop and implement new Quality Control Processes and Standards.
- Lead, facilitate, and participate in root cause investigations.
- Ensure adherence to QMS policy and procedures within their work center.
- Efficiently communicate status of evaluation and disposition to leadership.
- Lead and coordinate management of non-conforming hardware, including ticket dispositions, analysis, and improvement projects.
- Lead cost saving initiatives, especially related to product yield.
- Contribute to design reviews to reduce quality defects and time lost due to non-conformances.
You’ll bring these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical or Material Sciences Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience in a quality, manufacturing, or design engineering.
- GD&T knowledge
- Extensive knowledge or certification on IPC J – STD, IPC A-610
- Spacecraft experience
- Knowledge of quality tools such as; Lean principles, Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Metrology, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Control Plans, AS9100
- Experience with managing projects and milestones
These qualifications would be nice to have:
- Experience successfully designing, developing, and introducing new product(s) to production.
- High level of hands-on quality and testing experience
- Proven track record of year-on-year product and process improvement activities
- Conducted both process and design failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Track record of leveraging new technologies to develop real shop floor solutions
- Experience supporting production of complex electro-mechanical, mechanical, or composites systems in high volume work centers and/or during production ramp-up
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.