Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
SOLAERO BY ROCKET LAB
SolAero Technologies is a leading provider of high efficiency solar cells, solar panels, and composite structural products for satellite and aerospace applications. We are the world’s only vertically integrated, end-to-end supplier of satellite solar arrays. SolAero’s proven flight heritage, high-volume production capability, and technology position us to service the world’s most demanding satellite applications. Our space solar products have powered over 1,00 satellites in orbit to date.
FACILITIES TECHNICIAN – PIPE FITTER
SolAero has an immediate need for a Facilities Technician at our Albuquerque site to work a full-time, 4/10 schedule (4 days a week, 10-hour days). You’ll be responsible for a wide variety of maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation of piping systems related to the function and operation of our semiconductor plan and facility. This includes gasses, chemicals, compressed air, water, and waste streams. You’ll also be responsible for installation, maintenance, and repair on HVAC, plumbing, electrical equipment, and manufacturing support systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fabricate, modify and install piping systems related to the function and operation of a semiconductor plant and facility, including gasses, chemicals, compressed air, water and waste streams
- Evaluate and resolve troubleshooting and repair of all facility/HVAC equipment and systems
- Monitor and assure that environmental standards for clean room operation are maintained
- Perform facility equipment, operational, and preventive maintenance procedures
- Work with engineers to resolve issues or plan for acquiring/installing new equipment or systems
- Assume leadership role in training and support of new technicians
- Monitor facility/HVAC systems and suggest modifications for improvement
- Maintain facility data collection requirements and procedures
- Identify nonconformance when they occur and participate in finding the solution to the non-conformance
- Deploy the Quality Management System as it applies to the scope of work
- Support Facilities shut down and projects off shift as scheduled by department management
- Serve as member of Emergency Response Team
- Consistently work on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- Serve as a facilitator and team leader
- Duties are often performed at elevated heights and are performed indoors and out
- Other appropriate activities as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree or equivalent technical certificate in welding, pipe fitting, mechanical systems/equipment training. BS or BA in related field preferred
- 5-10 years of experience, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in pipe fitting and orbital, flat, and hand welding
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong working knowledge of facilities systems, including mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, high purity gas, and water systems
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in a semiconductor manufacturing environment, or a related trade
- Understanding of mechanical, electro-pneumatics, digital and analog electronics, and working knowledge of Automated Building Controls is a plus
- Familiarity with motor controls, compressed air and gas systems, and gas control systems is a plus
- Familiarity with CCTV, fire and security alarm systems is a plus
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.