Why Rocket Lab (View USA jobs)
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
OPERATIONS SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Rocket Lab is seeking a Software Engineer to support the development of Photon, with an emphasis on operations software. In this role, you will be working to develop our Space Operations Software that is responsible for commanding and data handling for all of Photon’s operations in space. This role will involve developing software to work with cloud technologies, mission & ground software, customer APIs, and large databases.
- Develop software for the operation of space systems and associated ground infrastructure (such as ground stations, mission control, etc)
- Develop and evolve ground-based software architecture for spacecraft operations
- Work closely with flight software developers, operations personnel, and systems engineers to understand requirements and functional needs
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience within a software engineering related field
- Familiar with Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud)
- Familiar with Database Design and Implementation
- Experience in Full Stack and/or Web Development
- Experience using Git or other version control systems
- Experience using Jira, Redmine, or other ticketing system
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in small and agile teams
- Experience with clean-sheet design/architecture
- Experience interfacing with internal and/or external customers
- Experience with Docker or other containerization technologies
- Experience with space or launch vehicle mission operations
- Experience with NoSQL and/or SQL
- Experience with Python
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
View more Rocket Lab USA openings here! https://boards.greenhouse.io/rocketlab