Rise Interactive (http://www.riseinteractive.com), a rapidly growing full-service interactive advertising agency, is looking to hire a Manager, Data Engineering for our Innovation team in our Buenos Aires office! We are looking for a self-directed, detail-oriented individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial culture as we grow our quickly expanding client base.
Summary and Scope:
Tired working on the same thing each day and then trapped by red tape when an opportunity to use a new technology comes along? As a Manager of Data Engineering at Rise, you will lead and be part of a team of talented engineers that builds and maintains Connex which is our industry leading, multi-channel media optimization platform. Help turn high-level business missions into fully architected end-to-end solutions involving heterogeneous sources, performant ETL application, integrated schema designs, and efficient data access patterns. Are you up for the challenge of being part of a company that continues to lead and disrupt the digital marketing landscape with its technology and innovation?
We operate a cross-functional team that specializes when needed but aims to have everyone able to contribute. Duties of the Manager of Data Engineering include:
- Lead software delivery team for next generation Rise products; including contributing to the production code base and providing ongoing maintenance and support
- Oversee technical product development from concept to release and ongoing maintenance/support
- Ensure the technical infrastructure strategy, configuration and management for Rise products is fast, resilient and scalable by providing technical direction, guidance, and hands-on management to team members
- Champion technical discovery while collaborating with product managers, scrum masters, project managers, engineers, testers and designers throughout the product lifecycle
- Stay abreast of new and innovative trends in software development and the web and data software product space
- Lead the evolution of our growing data team through training and mentoring while keeping everyone accountable for the high quality and performance standards that have been set
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science or equivalent professional experience
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills are required
- Previous Experience in agile/scrum environments
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience in a similar position
- 3+ years of leadership experience in software architecture, design and development
- Smart, high aptitude to learn new things and sense of urgency to get things done.
- Practical-minded – chooses stability/reliability/maintainability over shiny new objects
- Passionate about technology – ideally you build things outside of work for fun
- Significant real-world experience developing real products at large scale
- Previous hands-on experience with some or all of our tech stack:
Spark using PySpark
AWS Cloud (EMR, Lambda, EC2, Docker, S3, API Gateway, DynamoDB)
Microsoft SQL Server
- Possess a positive and professional attitude as the Innovation team continues to help Rise grow as a company and industry leader