About the Position
Do you want to work at a high-growth company where your impact is seen and rewarded? Are you looking for the autonomy to do your best work? We are seeking a leader, who will be responsible for building a sales team, tending to sales culture, and overall revenue performance from higher education customers at Rev.
We are looking for a leader who incorporates empathy, integrity, and humility into a hands-on leadership style. We need a talented sales coach who listens deeply, asks thoughtful questions, and has a proven track record of building high-performing teams. As Director of Higher Education Sales at Rev, you will help make key sales hires, work with internal teams to build compensation plans, set goals, motivate, and develop selers to reach their full potential. If you are passionate about building, owning, coaching, and developing sales talent to help hire education institutions to have incredible student outcomes this role might be for you. This role will report directly to the VP of Sales.
- Own acquisition and expansion of higher education accounts for Rev
- Inspire and lead a team of sales reps. Hire/train new reps, mentor tenured reps, and motivate the team to go above and beyond for our prospective and existing customers
- Help create a high energy, results-focused environment where reps love coming to work and feel they’re being developed towards their fullest potential
- Thoroughly understand the ins and outs of the EDU buying process and how that relates to internal staffing and process, team pipeline, quota, pipeline, and forecast.
- Hold weekly 1:1s, design, and facilitate team meetings/training sessions
- Collaborate with other teams including sales development, finance, product marketing, demand gen, product and legal to ensure the long-term success of this effort
- 5+ years of higher EDU Sales experience
- 2+ years of Sales leadership experience at a high-growth company, with a track record of leading teams to exceeding quota expectations
- Act as an effective coach - Able to develop sellers into world class sales professionals.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment. We move fast.
- Comprehensive understanding of contract negotiation and working with external and internal procurement, legal, and finance teams
- Has experience working with Salesforce, Outreach.io, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Zoominfo, and other sales tools
Life at Rev
Rev is a profitable, growth-stage startup that specializes in meeting the speech-to-text needs of hundreds of thousands of customers annually through its unmatched combination of the world's most accurate speech AI and the world's largest community of freelancers working side-by-side.
Rev's suite of products includes transcription, captioning, subtitling, as well as a live-captioning app for Zoom video conferencing. Rev also boasts seamless integrations with YouTube and Vimeo, as well as custom APIs for enterprise clients who need novel speech-to-text solutions.
Founded in 2010 by five MIT alumni, Rev has raised millions of dollars in venture capital from top Silicon Valley VCs and experienced exceptionally rapid growth, both internally and externally. Rev was recently named by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies and is a destination for the world's foremost engineers and speech scientists.
Our promise is to create great work from home jobs, powered by AI. Our vision is to transcend all barriers of communication. Joining Rev means joining a team of smart, passionate, and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals. Oh, and tons of perks!
- Get Paid: Be competitively compensated by a well-funded startup. Enjoy full benefits, options, and a 401k.
- Desk Budget & Office Equipment: Rev will provide you with a new laptop. You will also have a budget to outfit your workspace.
- Make a Difference: Be measured by your impact, not your effort. Help create real jobs for real people.
- Work Where You Want: For most roles, be free to stay at home, come to the office, or work from a coffee shop.
- Have Fun: Plan and participate in events like field day, baseball games, ski trips and happy hours.
- Stretch Yourself: Learn new skills, talk to customers, drive product improvements, or learn to design. We will push you to your limits.
We encourage and celebrate different perspectives regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, age, race, origin, religion, caregiver status, disability, ethnicity, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Multiple points of view fuel our innovation and connect us closer to Revvers, our customers and each other.
Rev is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Rev.com's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States.