About the Position
Do you want to work at a high-growth company where your impact is seen and rewarded? Are you looking for the autonomy to do your best work? We are seeking an Application Security Engineer to influence our products and protect our customers.
This role will work with our engineering teams on security initiatives. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for working closely with members of the Engineering and Security teams with the goal of helping to identify, mitigate and remediate security risks throughout the application portfolio.
Your duties will include:
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
- Lead our Bug Bounty program
- Assist in securing our cloud environment including Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Work with Engineering to enhance our Secure Development Life Cycle and related policies
- Perform risk based, technical assessments of applications, produce reports, and work with development teams to ensure vulnerabilities are remediated within agreed SLA's
- Enable development teams to automate and effectively employ application security tools, such as static application security testing (SAST), dynamic application security testing (DAST), and source component analysis/dependency analysis
- Guide development teams on application and system level security and privacy architecture to meet company and regulatory requirements
- Ensure quality web application security audits to ensure internal and industry standards, procedures, and methodologies are being followed
- Consult with other IT teams as required on application security practices, questions about vulnerabilities, and identify remediation approaches
- Assist with the creation of training materials to educate developers and other stakeholders about key application security concepts
- Perform routine monitoring and audits of systems
- 3+ years previous experience in information security
- 5+ years’ experience working within software development.
- Expertise in Web Application Firewall (WAF) Technology
- Experience in application security scanning technologies such as static application security testing (SAST), dynamic application security testing (DAST), and encryption
- Familiarity with cloud-based (e.g., AWS, Azure) application development services and tools
- Understanding of Single Sign-On (SSO) technologies and SAML2
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods
- Planning, researching and developing technical security policies, standards and procedures.
- Firm understanding of enterprise class application architectures that are highly scalable and reliable and the ability to secure them.
- Experience of security architecture and design reviews
- Ability to effectively work as part of a cohesive and agile team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Detailed, control oriented, and thorough professional communication skills (written, verbal) in English and be able to work with both highly technical and non-technical individuals.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of web application vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques, SDLC, and identity and access management
- Experience in application and infrastructure security practices and standards (such as OWASP, CIS, SDLC)
- Knowledge of white hat hacker tools such as Fiddler, Paros, Burp, Sqlmap, Nikto, Nmap, Wireshark and source code analyzers
- Familiarity with security and privacy compliance requirements, such as PCI, GDPR, and CCPA
- $100 in Uber credit every month
- Unlimited PTO and ability to work from home
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks + catered lunch every Friday
- Team building events - trivia nights, happy hours and team off-sites
- A generous budget to create your own workstation
- 90% paid Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k plan, FSA
- Stock options
Life at Rev
Rev is a profitable, growth-stage startup that specializes in meeting the speech-to-text needs of hundreds of thousands of customers annually through its unmatched combination of the world's most accurate speech AI and the world's largest community of freelancers working side-by-side.
Rev's suite of products includes transcription, captioning, subtitling, as well as a live-captioning app for Zoom video conferencing. Rev also boasts seamless integrations with YouTube and Vimeo, as well as custom APIs for enterprise clients who need novel speech-to-text solutions.
Founded in 2010 by five MIT alumni, Rev has raised millions of dollars in venture capital from top Silicon Valley VCs and experienced exceptionally rapid growth, both internally and externally. Rev was recently named by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies and is a destination for the world's foremost engineers and speech scientists.
Our promise is to create great work from home jobs, powered by AI. Our vision is to transcend all barriers of communication. Joining Rev means joining a team of smart, passionate, and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals. Oh, and tons of perks!
- Get Paid: Be competitively compensated by a well-funded startup. Enjoy full benefits, options, and a 401k.
- Desk Budget & Office Equipment: Rev will provide you with a new laptop. You will also have a budget to outfit your workspace.
- Make a Difference: Be measured by your impact, not your effort. Help create real jobs for real people.
- Work Where You Want: For most roles, be free to stay at home, come to the office, or work from a coffee shop.
- Have Fun: Plan and participate in events like field day, baseball games, ski trips and happy hours.
- Stretch Yourself: Learn new skills, talk to customers, drive product improvements, or learn to design. We will push you to your limits.
We encourage and celebrate different perspectives regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, age, race, origin, religion, caregiver status, disability, ethnicity, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Multiple points of view fuel our innovation and connect us closer to Revvers, our customers and each other.
Rev is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Rev.com's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States.