Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule, no matter what timezone you're in.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Director of Referral & Affiliate Marketing, joining our Growth team.
As our Director of Referral & Affiliate Marketing, you will be responsible for driving new customer acquisition and revenue through the Remote Affiliates Program and referral marketing partners.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and define the strategy to scale the Remote Affiliates Program and referral marketing partnerships, including: target markets, affiliate recruitment, value proposition, promotional strategy, and retention strategy
- Own and deliver on monthly and quarterly revenue targets for customer acquisition through affiliate and referral marketing partners
- Manage the administration of all affiliate business deal tracking, payout metrics, performance monitoring, etc.
- Lead a global team of Business Development Managers who manage and close direct affiliate and referral marketing partnerships
- Develop and implement overarching outbound sales and business development strategy
- Directly negotiate and secure placements or opportunities with top affiliates
- Optimize the Remote Affiliates program across entire lifecycle, including ongoing engagement and re-engagement for dormant affiliate accounts.
- Collaborate with other members of the Growth & Marketing Leadership team for cross-channel knowledge sharing and efficiency gains
- Conduct analysis on referral & affiliate revenues to diagnose problems and unlock opportunities
What skills and experience do you need?
- 8-10 years of in-house affiliate marketing experience for a large HRtech, Fintech, or B2B SaaS technology company
- Proven track record of delivering against revenue and customer acquisition targets;
- Experience managing affiliate multi-million dollar marketing budgets with aggressive growth targets;
- Strong leadership, intellectual curiosity, analytical, sales and partnering skills;
- Proven ability to ideate and execute on co-marketing initiatives;
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills are necessary, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations;
- Experience in B2B SaaS technology marketing;
- Prior experience with CRM, PRM (PartnerStack), and marketing automation tools such as Hubspot;
- Passion for remote work and a global outlook strongly preferred.
What are your core attributes?
- A team player. It's a highly cross-functional role, partnering closely with several teams, and needs to be able to nurture warm relationships across every functional team;
- Creative and results-driven: you have a unique knack for spotting or creating business opportunities from scratch;
- Eager to make a huge impact at Remote and scale growth through partnership.
- You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic environment and are able to operate fluidly between the big picture and the small task, while never losing sight of results.
- Aggressively setting your own goals: You're hungry for setting and achieving goals independently and exhibit a growth mindset.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: Director of Partnerships
- Team: Growth
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Quick interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interviews with team members
- Working session with future manager
- (async) Offer
- Reference emails