Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love Working Async and this means you get to do your own schedule. The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in The Remote Flow.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Supply Ops Specialist, joining our Supply Ops team.
You will be the first full-time member of this team and become the owner of all things inventory and supplier in terms of technical hardware at Remote. You'll have autonomy when you want it and support when you need it to build the best supply chains you can across the entire world, delivering new start hardware wherever a new Remoter begins their journey.
We'll be relying on your expertise and insight to guide the formation of this critical arm of the business and build it in to something both scalable and flexible enough to become a core part of Remote's ability to scale globally.
- Building out a world-spanning supplier network to get hardware wherever it needs to go.
- Managing the relationships with all of these vendors to keep communications and supply lines tight.
- Managing inventory across the globe making sure hardware is recorded and accounted for in every step of its journey.
- Building and/or buying the management systems to keep the hardware and the relationships behind them tracked.
- Working with other teams around Remote to ensure our hardware supply lines for Remoters are world-class.
- Working with vendors and engineers to automate procurement with each platform.
- Experience in either procurement or account management. We need someone happy to work with vendors of all shapes and sizes to build a global network of suppliers for Remote.
- A first principles approach to problems and the ability to build from scratch.
- An ability to deftly balance priorities, work through ambiguity and set expectations where needed.
- An obsession with excellence and building a truly delightful internal product whilst getting there iteratively and collaboratively with other Remoters.
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: TechOps Lead
- Team: SupplyOps
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with a founder
- (async) Offer
- Reference emails
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!