Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
At Reddit we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day as we work towards our vision to create a welcoming experience where anyone in the world feels a sense of belonging. Safety Tools is a close-knit team, working tirelessly towards protecting mods and their communities from shitheads and building safety tooling at scale to help our own admins safeguard these spaces.
Safety Tools team members are motivated to find innovative, state of the art solutions, leveraging ML models and user insights to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across our products.
If ensuring the safety of users, moderators and communities on one of the most popular websites in the world excites you, then you’ve found the right place. We’re a fast-growing company but still maintain one of the highest user to employee ratios in the industry, giving you a tremendous opportunity for both scope and impact.
Who You Might Be:
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer developing production code
- Experience with Python is preferred
- Preferred Experience in one or more of the following areas: Big Data analysis (Big Query, Presto, Hive), Message Queuing services (Kafka, Amazon Simple Queue Service), Hadoop, and distributed data stores (Hbase, Cassandra)
- Exposure to design patterns of large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.