Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The Solutions Engineering team is responsible for leading these investigations, including coordinating communication with internal and external stakeholders, keeping track of open issues, and creatively coming up with means for getting to the right data to identify the problem. Solutions Engineers at Reddit are entrepreneurially minded engineers, who leverage their strong technical experience along with business acumen to help internal and external stakeholders achieve their objectives.
Reddit is seeking a Senior Solutions Engineer to support our rapidly growing advertising business. Do you have a knack for explaining technical concepts to various audiences? Do you love evangelizing technical concepts, solving problems, and want to play a major role in increasing the adoption of best practices with our customers? Reddit offers a uniquely flexible and human product to our advertisers by offering everything from live engagement campaigns to branded in-browser video games to fully native in-feed placements. If you’d like to help define what it means to be a Solutions Engineer at Reddit and be part of the team that is turning Reddit into a sustainable, long-term business, come join us!
You will be responsible for partnering with our Sales organization by removing technical and business related obstacles in front of a sale, advocating for customer interests to relevant internal teams, and creating compelling technical content. You get excited talking to engineers, product managers, and growth marketers. Additionally, you’ll represent internal business teams in articulating the needs of our customers and the market back to our Engineering and Product leadership.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of our advertising platform, all the way from the front-end tools for ad creation to predictive modeling, delivery, auctions, and attribution
- Identify the root cause for poor performing creatives, low fill rates, or other potential revenue-harming incidents
- Ensure the success of customer POCs through effective management of success criteria, planning and execution
- Distill and advocate customer interests, needs, and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Maintain awareness of internal roadmap and new product features to evangelize with sales/customers and provide their feedback to Reddit product management and engineering groups
- Influence the improvement of Solutions Engineering processes and practices
- Continuously learn and update skills and keep aware of industry trends in the integration and data management space
- Work with the Ads Engineering team to help:
- Contribute to the vision, strategy, and execution for the Ad Operations, QA, Product, and Engineering groups across the Reddit platform
- Leverage your world-class communication skills to clearly summarize and articulate simple solutions to complex problems to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Exhibit exceptional client-facing skills. You are equally comfortable presenting to C-level staff both internally and externally as you are presenting to an external-facing client
- Be able to hit the ground running. Have the capabilities to rapidly absorb information and come up-to-speed quickly as a self-starter
- Create extensive documentation on all processes and ad guidelines/specifications and educate operational, product, and sales stakeholders as required
- 5+ years’ experience in AdTech/MarTech at a top-line publisher, DSP, SSP, Ad Network or Ad Agency preferably as a Solutions or Integrations or Professional Services Engineer
- A firm understanding of enterprise integration methodologies, best practices and API architecture
- Strong technical background with hands on professional or personal experience in many of the following areas:
- Strong critical-thinking, analytical, logical, and results-oriented skill set
- Understanding of log parsing, device logs, API response codes and other technologies related to advertising required (ie Charles Log/Fiddler)
- Adept with writing database queries and data analysis
- Proficiency with big data visualization tools as DataDog, Tableau or similar. Exposure to and working knowledge of SQL, HIVE or another database architecture a strong plus
- Development experience in one or more of the following languages
- Command-line expertise with Linux or UNIX a plus
- Background in product development, management or technical pre-sales of digital advertising technology such as ad platforms and networks, marketing automation, attribution etc.
- Pension Savings plan
- Medical Plan
- Short term sickness benefits
- WIA excess and WGA gap insurance
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.