Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 500 million people each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
The consumer organization’s mission lies at the core of Reddit's success as a platform: we build features that encourage engagement and belonging, enabling better user experiences with rich content and video, enabling smooth and effective content consumption with ML and personalized experiences. This team drives several core product metrics for the entire Reddit ecosystem.
This is a high impact role where you will drive related technical & product strategy, operations, architecture, and execution for one of the largest sites in the world. Reddit is remote friendly; if you are near an office you’re welcome to use it, but there is no obligation to relocate and we support fully remote employees.
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering counterparts to execute on product and business strategy and build novel products and features that our users will love.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Lead a team of thoughtful, fast-moving, and motivated engineers. Set and define standards that improve developer workflows, recommend best practices, and help coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Continuously learn and improve your technical and non-technical abilities.
Who You Might Be:
- 3-8 years of software development experience developing user-facing mobile native applications at scale, using Kotlin.
- Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages; Java, Python, Go, Rust, C++
- Additional knowledge around GraphQL, REST, HTTP basics, and the ability to design maintainable APIs is a plus
- Any knowledge of Jetpack Compose is a bonus.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Retirement Savings plan with matching contributions
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.