Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
The International Team at Reddit helps us achieve our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world. We connect users to each other through engaging conversations. We help users encounter the best content at the right time via the right product surface. And we are laying architectural foundations and building experiences to help Reddit communities thrive internationally.
As a Staff Engineer, you’ll build and scale the exciting features and services needed to create a truly international experience, which will fuel the next wave of Reddit’s growth. Your work will directly impact hundreds of millions of users around the world. Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
- Design, build and ship backend services, experiments and products for millions of users to support our international expansion.
- Communicate effectively, within the team and across disciplines. Work closely with product managers and designers to craft compelling user experiences.
- Contribute meaningfully to our team’s strategy. We give everyone a seat at the table and encourage active participation in planning our future. Don’t just come along for the ride.
- Foster a healthy engineering culture and mentor and coach other engineers.
- 8+ years backend development experience with multiple parts of the backend stack, from databases to networking to computing infrastructure. We develop with Go, Python, Postgres, Redis, Thrift, GraphQL and deploy to Docker/k8s on AWS.
- Ability to design and implement complex distributed systems operating under high load.
- Experience developing customer-facing public applications is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully-remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Upvotes if you have experience with a search technologie (Solr, Elasticsearch, Lucene)
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.