Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can find experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and thoughtful team player with 7+ years of legal experience in global privacy law. As Privacy Counsel, you’ll primarily work with our Legal, Policy, Product & Engineering, InfoSec and Trust & Safety teams to provide legal guidance on a wide range of privacy initiatives and projects. If you’re passionate about privacy, social media, and business and want to work with a company where you can have immediate real world impact, then this is the place for you.
- Reddit’s Offices: SF, LA, Chicago, NYC, Dublin IRE, Amsterdam NL or remotely from within the U.S.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide strategic thinking on a broad range of legal privacy issues and initiatives, including product development for a global community.
- Navigate global regulatory trends in privacy and security, including new laws, regulations, decisions, and industry standards around the world.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on best-in-class processes to monitor, manage, and mitigate privacy and security risks.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Qualified to practice law in appropriate jurisdiction, and in good standing with your local bar.
- 7+ years practicing law, with a focus on data protection/privacy law ideally in the tech sector, a mix of law firm and in-house experience is a plus.
- CIPP certification and experience with digital advertising is a plus.
- Experience with global privacy laws, including European and US law.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, quick learner with a strong work ethic, sense of initiative, and a good sense of humor.
- Eagerness to learn new things, be comfortable handling chaos, and thrive in a team environment.
- English language fluency (spoken and written) is necessary; a second language of the EMEA region is an advantage.
- Experience providing actionable legal advice in a setting with varied risk thresholds
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.