The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 450-500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is growing fast and we are looking for an experienced Frontend Software Engineer to add fuel to the fire. Reddit is among the most visited websites in the world, and web continues to be our highest traffic platform.
We are establishing our engineering footprint in Amsterdam as we look to expand our international presence. Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
The Guest Experience team within Growth Engineering has the mission of helping millions of guest users find relevant content and start a rich journey towards becoming a Redditor!
Search experience optimisation is one of the strongest opportunities for bringing in new users and the guest experience is critical in helping them continue to explore and engage with Reddit. Reddit’s users have created posts, discussions, and communities covering a diversity of topics. The huge volume of content creates an opportunity to grow our user base by connecting new users with engaging content.
If you're the kind of person who is motivated by rapid development, new product initiatives, user experiences, and content creation we’re interested in speaking with you.
What We’re Working On
- Driving new features from end-to-end through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration
- Scaling our systems to new geographical locations and providing better user experience
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences
- Use of Kafka, Airflow, Redis, Postgres plus many more modern techs
- Shipping new products that will increase Reddit’s ability to deliver information real-time.
- Creating a unified and seamless experience between desktop and mobile.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, and engineering to deliver great user experiences.
- Provide technical leadership in domain areas.
- Mentor junior, mid, and senior-level engineers.
- Set up large, complex features for success.
What We Can Expect From You
- Experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Ability to lead the design and implementation of large scale distributed systems
- Experience in Python or other server side languages
- Great engineering skills and strong CS fundamentals.
- Excellent collaborative, communication, and documentation skills.
- A growth mindset - experimentation is key to this role
- Able to work effectively under schedule pressure to fix defects, review code, design, write, test new code, and diagnose production issues.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally
*This role can be remote in The Netherlands*
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.