"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
Operating within the Growth division, the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) team is crucial for bringing in new users and helping them continue to explore and engage with Reddit. The huge volume of content creates an opportunity to grow our user base by connecting search users with engaging content.
As the team’s first Data Scientist, you will play an influential role in guiding product strategy through proactively surfacing insights, conducting exploratory analyses and executing experiments.
How You’ll Have Impact:
- Today, SEO is crucial for Reddit’s growth. As a key member of the team, you’ll help us refine our SEO strategy and drive enormous top of funnel growth. Your work will help us optimize connecting users to the best content and even build custom experiences for these users to help them further explore and engage with Reddit. If you’re interested in using your SEO analytics skills to drive real product change, this is the opportunity for you.
What You’ll Learn:
- You will be at ground zero of a high growth team and experience being the lead DS to help grow our SEO experience. You will interface with senior leadership on the business value of SEO. You will design and conduct advanced experimentation and see your changes make it live into the product.
- In addition, you will work side by side with a world-class org of Engineering, ML, Search, Data Science, Data Warehouse, and Analytics practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making and product creation. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in experimentation, statistical frameworks, machine learning, deep learning, and causal inference.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct exploratory analyses on understanding SEO and Reddit
- Partner with Eng and Product to define and execute SEO’s roadmap and initiatives
- Design and evaluate advanced experiments to influence product strategy
- Define team metrics and goals and scale data-informed decision making through ETLs and reporting dashboards
- Present findings to senior leadership and facilitate informed product decisions
Who You Might Be:
- 4+ years of experience in data analytics or related quantitative role
- Experience with SEO analytics or using machine learning to improve SEO keywords
- Demonstrated ability to influence and guide product strategy with data
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Desire to mentor other data scientists and share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) and statistical analysis/programming languages (e.g., R / Python)