“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
As our Director of Engineering, you will lead the technical efforts for the Growth (SEO, Guest Experience and Onboarding) pillar to drive top of funnel growth and accelerate our experimentation engine. Over the past couple of years, the Growth org has quadrupled in size while seeing tremendous success in growing our Daily active users (DAU). This is a senior leadership role poised to play a starring role in our continued success.
If growing Reddit’s already growing user base excites you, then you’ve found the right place!
How You Will Have Impact
The Growth Org is responsible for one of Reddit’s top-line metrics DAU, currently at 52M+ and growing. Your team's work directly contributes to growing that metric.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for influencing the team’s overall product strategy through the lens of engineering innovation. You will work directly with product management, engineering and cross-functional leadership to drive top-line DAU growth. You will help build Reddit’s growth engineering brand internally and externally.
You will be responsible for recruiting, retaining and mentoring a team of world-class engineers and leaders from a diverse set of backgrounds to help Reddit reach its ambitious goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, manage and grow the SEO, Guest Experience and Onboarding engineering teams. Provide mentorship and growth opportunities for team members to evolve in their roles.
- Develop, drive and execute the long term engineering vision and strategy for top of funnel, onboarding, SEO and external business partnerships efforts.
- Partner with our product leaders to facilitate, manage and prioritize a robust backlog and roadmap.
- Hold teams accountable for consistent, high-quality development across the department. Ensure our output is aligned with our business goals.
- Drive research and development of new growth capabilities and accelerate our existing experimentation engine.
What We Expect From You:
- Deep understanding of how to build a consumer product at scale.
- Experience building and growing high-performance teams at different stages.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders in engineering, data science, and product.
- A strategic thinker who thrives when developing long-term product strategy in addition to delivering technical excellence.
- Previous experience in aspects of growth engineering (SEO, Onboarding, Installs/Activation).
- Experience with large-scale, data-intensive and mission-critical distributed systems hosted in cloud environments.
- 5+ years of experience building and leading engineering teams.
- 5+ years of experience developing high-quality software products.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent technical expertise
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- 401k -- with matching
- Flexible workplace policy
- Wellness benefits and perks
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time
- Your very own custom Reddit alien (aka Snoo)