"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 500 million people each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Content and Communities' mission lies at the core of Reddit's success as a platform: we build features that encourage engagement and belonging, enabling smooth and effective community and content creation, applying a growth framework to activate new communities equipping moderators with the tools they need to succeed. This team drives several key product metrics for the entire Reddit platform.
This is a high impact role where you will drive related technical & product strategy, operations, architecture, and execution for one of the largest sites in the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering counterparts to execute on product and business strategy and build novel products and features that our users will love.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Lead a team of thoughtful, fast-moving, and motivated engineers. Set and define standards that improve developer workflows, recommend best practices, and help coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Continuously learn and improve your technical and non-technical abilities.
Who You Might Be:
- At least 5+ years of experience as a software engineer developing user-facing mobile native applications at scale, using Kotlin.
- Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages; Java, Python, Go, Rust, C++.
- Additional knowledge around GraphQL, REST, HTTP basics, and the ability to design maintainable APIs is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.