The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Core Services team at Reddit is exploring a different vision of how the Internet can work. The Internet is the most important public square in history. Billions of people use it every day to connect with each other, share ideas, and do business online. It shapes economies and elections, relationships and futures.
We are hiring a Staff Backend Engineer who can move fast while delivering a quality product. You'll work on the highest impact project in a team of brilliant engineers like yourself. In addition to building technology, you’ll contribute to the product and business strategy of building out our platform API and its core projects that serve all of Reddit Engineering.
- Leading a team of engineers to do the highest quality and impactful work
- Designing and architecting the future of Reddits core model architecture to meet scaling needs
- Collaborate with other Staff level engineers and architects across the organization
- Mentor and coach more junior engineers on your direct team to achieve our mission
- 5+ years of experience identifying and leading high impact projects
- 3+ years of experience with Go or Python
- Familiarity with api platform service architectures
- Experience with distributed caching layers, and distributed large scale data storage
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team and company
- Track record of mentorship and leveling up those around you
- Kubernetes experience preferred