Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
The mission of the Web Platform team is to design, explore and create a solid foundation for our Web and MobileWeb products. This role will enable us to execute one of the most important projects for the company now - a complete redesign of the MobileWeb and Web experience. Part of this role’s responsibilities will be to own the design and execution of the complete redesign of Reddit Website both on mobile and Desktop. In addition, this role will be instrumental in developing systems that help improve the quality, performance, and observability of the application.
What We’re Working On
- Architecture redesign of our Frontend platform.
- Driving new features from end-to-end through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and continuous iteration.
- Crafting a modern user experience for accessing content and communities on Reddit.
- Building the technical foundation for future features and experiences.
What We Can Expect From You
- Experience with one or more front-end web frameworks such as React, Vue, or Angular
- Familiar with software engineering best practices such as unit testing and code reviews, design, and documentation.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally.
- Be part of a team that’s building a highly scalable, high quality, and low latency Web Platform at Reddit’s scale.
- Work on rebuilding the current Web Application using the latest and greatest technologies.
- Build, and maintain feature systems spanning web and backend services.
- Tackle tough design and product problems.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, and engineering to deliver great user experiences.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy.
- Design expertise.