“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come work with one of the richest datasets in the world and make an impact on the lives of Redditors everywhere.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who is interested in owning the future of Reddit. You will work closely with the most senior executives and Finance / Product stakeholders of the company to provide visibility on the future value of several of our key metrics and drivers across all of our markets. If you feel like you were born with a crystal ball in hand and love having impact in how mission driven organizations like Reddit operate, this job is for you!
How You’ll Have Impact:
Reddit’s mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world, and you will be pivotal in making that happen. You will be the guiding force behind many of the decisions made at the highest levels of the organization by providing visibility on the expected growth rate of our users, content, communities and business metrics, together with interpretation on the main drivers behind these trends.
You will be the main point of contact for forecasting some of our most important metrics and will be able to influence the main thinking around product, business and overall strategic decisions as we continue growing our product both in the US and overseas.
What You’ll Learn:
As the expert data scientist working on forecasting on the team, you will be learning everything and anything about how our platform develops globally.
You will work side by side with a world-class org of Product, Data Science, Data Platform, Finance and Business practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making and product creation. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in experimentation, statistical frameworks, machine learning, and causal inference.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner cross functionally with all Data Science verticals, Finance, Product leads and Senior Leaders to help define and execute our forecasting efforts and target setting
- Leverage every and any technique in the toolbox to deploy predictive forecasting models in production
- Measure the accuracy and underlying drivers of your models
- Proactively influence stakeholders at every and any level of the company. Serve as a thought-partner for Product Managers, leadership
- Collaborate and mentor other data scientists and share modeling frameworks or techniques to elevate the org
Who You Might Be:
- 4 years of experience in a Data Science or Analytics role
- Proficient in SQL
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and programming languages (e.g., R / Python)
- 2+ years of forecasting experience (advanced regression, ML, identification of drivers)
- 1+ years of experience interacting with senior executives and stakeholders.
- Capable of communicating complicated models to a non-technical audience
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus. Experience working with Finance or Investor Relations functions preferred
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems