Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can find experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The team is looking for our first Head of Global Payroll to join our team. This position is responsible for leading the U.S. and international payroll teams, providing oversight for processing payroll timely and accurately, collaborating with cross functional teams to manage through new employee programs, and providing insights with regards to employee payroll compliance issues. In addition, as a subject matter expert, the Head of Global Payroll is also expected to lead new payroll initiatives such as SOX compliance and system implementations as well as partner with global peers to share best practices to scale internationally.
This position reports to the Assistant Controller and will work closely with People Operations, Equity, Benefits, Legal and international service provider teams.
- Provide strong oversight of U.S. multi-state and international payroll functions
- Lead the implementation of any new payroll platforms or upgrades
- Recruit, manage, coach, and develop payroll team members and support the continuous professional development and growth of payroll team
- Work closely with business leaders to enhance payroll operational standards in compliance with SOX standards
- Manage vendor relationships, payroll delivery, payroll controls, and payroll tax issues
- Partner cross functionally with internal customers; People Operations, Benefits, Global Mobility, Finance, Legal, Equity, etc.
- Lead the team through system implementations (timekeeping system and a global payroll platform)
- Develop U.S. payroll goals, pay practices and processes to ensure compliance, efficiency, and standardization across legal entities globally
- Work with service providers and People Operations team to ensure integrity of data and system setup. Identify process weaknesses and propose enhancements
- Work closely with the Global Mobility team and service provider to manage employee globalization initiatives and ensure proper treatment of reportable benefits for tax equalized employees; work closely with Equity team to manage employee and employer income and tax reporting related to stock transactions
- Participate in month and quarter-end close activities, including, but not limited to, preparation of payroll-related journal entries, account reconciliations and auditor-required PBC items
- Ensure accurate calculations of vacation and other payroll-related accruals
- Ensure payroll-related regulatory filings are completed timely and accurately; support and coordinate audits such as worker compensation, 401K and annual financial audit, as necessary
- Other projects and responsibilities, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Experience working in a publicly-traded, high-tech, high-growth company where equity compensation (i.e. RSU, options and ESPP programs) is common
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred; American Payroll Association (APA) membership a plus
- 8-10+ years as an owner of full-cycle, global payroll
- Experience managing a global payroll team
- Expert knowledge of payroll and payroll tax rules and regulations in US (multi-state) and working knowledge of international payroll tax rules and regulations to partner with 3rd parties internationally
- Expert knowledge of Workday Payroll
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel a plus
- Experience in managing equity transactions (such as RSU, Non Qualifying Stock Option and ESPP) for payroll and tax purposes (W2 reporting)
- Experience with global mobility practices
- Experience with financial accounting systems; Netsuite and Expensify experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; excellent customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment where change is the norm; strong multi-tasking skills, and flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly
- Ability to understand employee payroll issues and to communicate solutions effectively, professionally, and respectfully
- Strong organization skills, positive attitude and not afraid to roll up one’s sleeves