"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is looking for a self-motivated, detail oriented Accounts Payable Specialist to become an integral member of the mighty Finance & Accounting team. A successful Accounts Payable Specialist in this role is someone who is a self starter but unafraid to ask questions or make suggestions; someone who works collaboratively and is solution oriented; and someone who is excited to apply their accounting knowledge to a new challenge. This is a great role for someone early in their accounting career who is excited to contribute and learn in a quickly evolving fast growth company.
- Perform full-cycle accounts payable process, including receiving, coding invoices, process check requests, and weekly payment runs
- Own the AP disbursement process of vendor and contractor payments (ACH, wires, checks, etc.)
- Manage the accurate and timely processing of invoices daily for all teams and subsidiaries
- Review and verify the accuracy of invoice information to ensure the validity and matching of the transactions
- Request W-9s, assist with new vendor set up and maintenance of vendor master/1099s
- Respond to all vendor or employee inquiries to resolve payment processing issues, discrepancies, credit terms or any other related transitions in a timely manner
- Monitor the accounts payable email inbox, responding to vendors and internal staff questions
- Assess and review AP Aging on a weekly basis, and resolve all identified issues
- Coordinate with purchasing for processing of invoices for 2-way/3-way matching against purchase orders
- 3+ years of previous accounts payable experience required; at least 1 year in a publicly traded company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- A self-starter attitude: someone with the desire to apply his/her experience in scaling and evolving our procure to pay function
- Someone who likes automation and is excited to help implement a purchase order system and working cross functionally to support changes in our vendor accruals processes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel - you should enjoy spreadsheets!
- Solid understanding of GAAP accounting concepts
- Experience with the following systems: Netsuite, Workday, Google Drive, Microsoft Office
- Prior work experience in the following types of orgs:, high growth technology start up, digital advertising, direct-to-consumer businesses, publicly traded companies