"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is looking for a Partner Research Lead dedicated to enhancing Reddit’s value to our advertising partners through groundbreaking insights and research. This role will be an integral part of the Marketing Sciences team and overall Marketing organization - blending platform data and primary research to deliver insights-fueled narratives that elevate industry intelligence and reinforce Reddit as a curator of business-critical learnings.
In short, we’re looking for a data-driven storyteller with a marketer’s mindset and rigorous research experience. This role reports directly to the Global Head of Marketing Sciences.
What You'll Do
- Lead custom primary research globally for our brands, agencies, and the industry at large. Push the boundaries of data to deliver narratives that are compelling, disruptive, and influential - showcasing Reddit as an always-on thought leader.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, and our top-tier clients/agencies to execute innovative custom research that gives a unique view into the power of community, amplifies our narrative, and positions Reddit as a critical part of the marketing mix.
- Leverage primary research, 1st party data, and 3rd party/syndicated research to uncover insights that reveal the reach, composition, engagement, and strategic value of our audience.
- Be an internal source of expertise and excellence on research methodologies, and the methods used to gain a greater understanding of Reddit’s audience and communities.
- Create captivating topical narratives ranging from consumer behaviors and conversations, vertical insights, and larger industry trends.
- Manage research partner relationships, roadmaps, budget, and capabilities.
What We Can Expect From You
- A data-driven storyteller that’s passionate about insights that inspire and drive action.
- A strong understanding of Reddit and the unique culture of the platform.
- 8+ years of relevant experience, preferably from the media/advertising, consulting, or marketing industries. At least 4 of those years in a research-oriented function.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge and proven application of a wide range of quantitative and qualitative research initiatives and methodologies to solve business objectives, including: survey development and execution, segmentation, advertising effectiveness, panel research, ethnography, focus groups, brand tracking, competitive intelligence, etc.
- Proven master-level ability to weave primary research, 3rd party insights, and behavioral platform data together into a cohesive and compelling story of strategic importance.
- Experience working with 1st party data and strong analytical skills required – including familiarity with tools for data querying, survey, and analysis: Qualtrics/Decipher, Tableau, SPSS, etc.
- Proficiency with syndicated tools such as Comscore, BrandWatch, Quantcast, GlobalWebIndex, Simmons, MRI, (etc.) a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and experience presenting to large groups– you’re articulate and engaging.
- Experience working across industries, verticals, and global regions - with a strong knowledge of the digital marketing/advertising ecosystem and leading research partners in the field.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint/Keynote, Word, and Excel a must
What You Can Expect From Us:
Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
Family Expansion Benefits
4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
Professional & Personal Development Stipends
Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
401k Plan with Employer Contributions
Monthly Commuter Stipend
Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities