"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit’s Finance team is seeking a Senior Sales Finance Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Sales Finance team. As a Senior Finance Manager at Reddit, you will be a critical part of refining Reddit’s growing Advertising business by providing financial insights to further improve Advertising Sales’ top-and bottom-line, getting comprehensive exposure to the full P&L of Reddit’s advertising arm. This role will be a key leader in supporting the Reddit Advertising Sales team, and will help manage the financial rhythm of the business, including the annual operating plan, long range plan, regular forecast process, and for providing analytical support to executives and senior management. You will help establish the pace of the Sales Finance team to ensure it delivers actionable insights in a timely manner.
The right person for this role will find career development in both the Finance and Advertising Sales worlds. If you are someone who is passionate about growing with a rising business, values efficiency and creative problem-solving using financial/quantitative metrics, and thrives in a fast-paced, open and fast-growing environment, then this is a great role for you.
- Lead and improve reporting packages to reflect performance of Reddit’s Advertising Business
- Maintain financial reporting, analysis and recommendations during new product launch and evolvement; track and monitor performance of key metrics and advertising inventory
- Partner with Product and Sales organization to identify and analyze opportunities and risks to P/L goals; steward data-driven decision making in conjunction with varying stakeholders across the company (Product, Engineering, Business Development, HR, etc.) to optimize revenue and profit with the viewer experience in mind
- Enhance financial models used to budget/forecast during monthly/quarterly/annual forecasting cycles, to reflect full P/L
- Manage ad hoc projects on an on-going basis and present to business partners as assigned
- Ability to manage and motivate highly talented individual contributors towards growth and on-going success
- 8+ years of experience in Sales Finance, Operations Finance, or Corporate Finance; understanding of Advertising business model is a strong plus
- 2+ years of direct management experience
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics or similar quantitative discipline
- Goal-oriented and client-facing mindset; entrepreneurial spirit to continue innovating and adding value; proactive communication style with the ability to build/foster relationships with business partners internally and externally
- Strong work ethic; high sense of urgency; ability to learn and deliver results in tight timeline
- Experience with partnering with stakeholders across the organization and drive projects forward
- Experience with revenue modeling and forecasting, large data sets and sophisticated models, proven proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint presentations and deck creation
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to present ideas to a group of senior level managers and work well with cross functional teams
- Proven track record leading financial processes and structure, preferably in a global organization with P&L and/or FP&A responsibility