“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is seeking a Product Manager to lead our Content Creation team.
Reddit is the world’s largest network of communities and amazing content is contributed every single day. Our members create, manage, and grow all of the content and communities that make up the Reddit experience. Reddit already inspires hundreds of millions of people across the globe each month, and the Content Creation team is seeking a product leader who can inspire even more of those users to contribute valuable content to communities on Reddit. Conversations & contributions between members are what make Reddit communities particularly special.
The PM for Content Creation will be responsible for driving users (both new & longtime lurkers) to lean in and contribute to the conversation on Reddit. This leader will help the team to balance investments in product changes that encourage & reward more users to post, comment, vote, and ultimately spark quality conversation across more Reddit communities.
This particular role requires a highly empathetic and collaborative product leader with strong consumer product instincts, excellent communication skills, and a proven track record of shipping great products. Ideally, you’ve had experience working on other platforms that help creators contribute their best content. You’ll work closely with engineering, design, and data science to create the best publishing experiences across the internet. This role is going to help shape the future of Reddit.
- Define the vision and strategy for the features & tools that contributors use on Reddit daily
- Collaborate with engineering & design to launch new publishing capabilities that delight users and help them create quality content
- Work with our data science and user research teams to craft insights into the behaviors and needs of content creators on Reddit, and translate those insights into hypotheses, tests and features that ultimately lead to an evolving & improved product experience
- Seek to understand the competitive environment and maintain global awareness of unique user experiences specifically in regards to publishing & content creation
- Work with various cross functional teams (Community, Marketing, etc) to drive adoption and usage of the features you ship
- Dedication to keeping content creators at the center of your product and design decisions made to improve the overall experience for contributors on Reddit
What We Can Expect From You:
- You have proven experience building product roadmaps, defining experiments and working collaboratively with design and engineering peers
- You have shipped products that have delivered meaningful business results
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, including a willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the minutia
- You know how to define team goals and success metrics, and ensure that we are tracking towards improvements that align with Reddit's wider business objectives
- You are a compelling influencer with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal
- You have at least 4+ years of product management experience
- You are located in San Francisco with remote accommodations available
- Engineering or Data Scientist background
- Design background w/ solid quantitative skills (SQL)