"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to join the video team to shape the future of the rich media experience on the internet. As a key member of this fast-growing team, you will have lots of ownership and impact on the next generation of video products from the very beginning.
The Lead or Senior PM of Video recommendation will own the long term vision and roadmap to connect users with the right video at the right time across Reddit. The ideal candidate can draw from a deep understanding of user motivations and data to improve existing discovery experiences and creating new ones.
- You have experience leading and building products and features, from inception to launch.
- You have experience collaborating with product designers, ML engineers, and data scientists to create well-crafted and functional experiences.
- You can leverage strong customer empathy, product intuition, and data insights to dig into what really motivates our users, and translate these hypotheses into product concepts and recommendation-driven experiments.
- You have experience with setting multi-quarter roadmaps with a strong product vision and defining OKRs to guide the company.
- You know how to build strong cross-functional connections across the organization, including business development, legal, operations, community, communications, and have experience working with partner product teams.
- 4+ years experience working on a large-scale marketplace or equivalent area, as a Product Manager, Data Scientist, or a related role. Experience with building features or products for video-on-demand offerings is a plus.
- Understand how recommendation systems work to generate their outcomes and how to measure their effectiveness.
- Experience building and maintaining recommendation systems across any domain. Experience with video-on-demand services is a plus but not a requirement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understand how to measure success and use metrics to optimize products.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent technical expertise.