"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 330 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Video Infrastructure Team within the Media Team has the mission of delivering, measuring, optimizing video to hundreds of millions of consumers, while laying the foundation for product and advertising teams to create world-class user experiences.
The Video Infrastructure Team is looking to hire an experienced Engineering Manager, to build this team from the ground up. This is a high impact role where you will drive related technical strategy, operations, architecture, and execution for one of the largest sites in the world.
What You’ll Do
- Build, hire and lead a high-calibre team of video engineers, software engineers, and operations engineers to solve problems across the spectrum of internet video.
- Ensure we are building the right tools to best optimize video quality, latency, cost, and visibility on all platforms.
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team.
What We Look For
- 1+ years experience of managing a team of software engineers
- 4+ years of experience developing either internet-scale software, video-specific technology, or both.
- Strong preference is given for deep experience with any of:
- Video player implementation
- Video analytics
- CDNs and global distribution
- Streaming video
- Codec engineering
- Machine learning
- Computer vision
Additionally We'd Like
- Strong track record of managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Scala).
- Experience collaborating with product managers and designers in delivering product features.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.