Your work will change lives. Including your own.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Execute critical improvement initiatives with careful attention to detail, consistency, and documentation, with the objective of supporting the Discovery Platform operational needs
- Collaborate with our Scientists and Research Associates teams to develop the most efficient path to success across all of our laboratory processes and workflows
- Grow your knowledge base and our laboratory spaces to ensure standardized functionality and organization, while also learning about new approaches and capabilities in drug discovery and Operational Management
- Manage complex processes through fulfilling objectives and implementing industrialized changes across multiple platforms and groups
The Team You’ll Join
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, you will join a high performing and mission-focused team within the Discovery Platform Anchor. You will partner with our laboratory teams and other supporting anchors to enable our mission to industrialize the Discovery Platform. We are a dynamic group of people who are tenacious in problem solving and are rigorous in challenging the status quo. It is also an incredibly supportive and collaborative environment. Your work will significantly increase the efficiency of our drug discovery platform and will help us achieve our mission of decoding biology to radically improve lives.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Experience in cellular biology or drug discovery through education or work experience, including designing, executing, and analyzing pre-clinical experiments in areas such as in vitro pharmacology, in vivo pharmacology, and/or analytical chemistry (preferred candidate will have at least a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of science and 2+ years in a leadership or supporting role
- Experience supporting multiple, complex teams and enabling cross-functional processes that rely on collaboration, communication and the need for quick execution and implementation
- Experience working with instrumentation and vendor management, focusing on managing the maintenance, operation and documentation aspects of a variety of laboratory instruments
- Experience engaging in peer-to-peer conversations and translating between experts to identify needs and find solutions
- Familiarity with automation, LIMS or QMS tools is desirable (we embrace the efficiency that comes with leveraging systems, processes, and tools that can accelerate our work)
- The ability to think on your feet. We're looking for individuals who know when they need to ask for help or insights from their teammates, but can also figure most things out for themselves when needed
- A passion for working in a fast-paced start-up culture where you’ll leverage creativity and independent thinking to find answers wherever you can
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.