Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build a platform for experiment design. You’ll work cross functionally with biologists to create self-service and automated experiment design tools to allow them to focus on what biology they want to do rather than how it will be accomplished, while ensuring experiments are designed to generate high quality data that is relatable across time, disease models, and treatments.
- Build tools that are changing drug discovery. You'll work with biologists, chemists, and data scientists on tools that take Recursion's in-house generated experimental data and machine learning models to predict potential treatments which are then validated in the lab.
- Connect our high throughput screening lab with monitoring and downstream analysis. You’ll consume streaming data from our high throughput screening lab to monitor successful experiment execution, enable triage of anomalies and errors, track molecule identity and inventory, and support downstream analysis based on as-performed experiment conditions.
- Distill large datasets to ensure data-backed decisions. Thousands of experiments every week produce hundreds of thousands of data points. You'll work with data scientists to understand and present this data, including with interactive plots that connect our scientists with the information they need.
- Be a mentor, coach, and sponsor. You will share your technical knowledge and experiences, resulting in an increase in learning, growth, and impact within and beyond the team.
The Accelerated Pharma team is a team of three full stack software engineers reporting to the larger engineering department. On this team you will contribute to Recursion's mission to decode biology by using our vast data sets and deep learning models to surface insights and connections in clear, intuitive ways. Our applications serve as the connective tissue between the experiments that are being performed in the lab and the applicable data resulting from those experiments.
The Experiment Design and Lifecycle team is a team of three full stack software engineers focused on enabling Recursion to decode biology by running experiments at scale from experiment conception through successful execution. You’ll collaborate with your teammates and across departments to agree on what the most important challenges and capabilities are, then figure how to get us there.
On either team, you’ll be moving throughout a full stack of software spanning user interfaces with behavior-based and user-centered designs, RESTful APIs, event streaming, and third-party integrations - seeking and providing feedback and making trade offs as you go to get to the right solution with the right amount of effort.
The Experience You’ll Need
- A solid understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Experience collaborating to complete large projects. We don't have much in the way of project managers.
- A people-first mindset. Despite the deadlines, we always prioritize supporting our coworkers in their growth and experience.
- You learn tools from the nooks and crannies of software engineering, for example: creating SQL triggers and managing migrations; user experience design; and measuring, monitoring, and supporting the systems we build.
- Adapt your workflow to include or improve your skills in writing tests for your code and automating deployments, logging, metrics collection, and monitoring.
- Biology or chemistry background is not necessary, but intellectual curiosity is a must!
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Recursionaut:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.