Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Collaborate with our team of scientists and technicians to develop new assays and ensure that cell culture needs can be met when the assay is performed at a scale of 100s of 1536 well plates per week
- Generate and experimentally test hypothesis to evaluate new workflows, methodologies and cell culture techniques
- Rigorously analyze experimental data to validate new processes and troubleshoot existing systems - present your findings
- Deliver new processes, technologies, and techniques to allow our drug-discovery platform to effortlessly scale to 10x, 100x or even 1000x its already world-class capacity
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll join the newly formed Innovation and Scale-up team inside Recursion’s Core Operations Department. This team pulls together biologists, chemists, data scientists, software engineers and automation engineers to bring new assays to our drug-discovery platform. We imagine what “the machine” will look like tomorrow while also delivering new assays today. As the innovation team-member focused on our tissue culture laboratory, you will work closely with our world-class Tissue Culture Operations team where you will gain invaluable experience working with scientists and technologies at the cutting edge of human cell culture. While at the same time being embedded in an agile, fast-paced group with team-members specializing in Compound Management and High Throughput Screening. Together we will integrate industry-leading technologies that will generate high-dimensional data from cells in new ways.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 3+ years experience culturing primary human cell types and immortalized cell lines using bioreactors, microcarriers, and other cell-culture systems
- Track record of success implementing new cell culture technologies
- Experience using LIMS, statistical process control, and data analysis techniques to guide quality and efficiency in large scale laboratories.
- Experience approaching laboratory problems with an engineering mindset
- Experience with data analysis tools and concepts are a plus (Python, SQL, Splunk, Machine Learning)
- Bachelors or better in Biology, Biotechnology or related field
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our headquarters*
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on the company’s robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.