WHAT WE DO
We have raised over $200M to apply machine learning to one of the most unique datasets in existence - tens of millions of images of cells under a huge number of biological and chemical perturbations, generated in our own labs - to find treatments for hundreds of diseases. Our long-term mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives - we want to understand biology so well that we can fix most things that go wrong in our bodies.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You'll work with others on the data science, biology, and engineering teams to design and train neural networks that lift our drug discovery platform to new levels of effectiveness. This platform is the core of our mission: transforming drug discovery into a data science problem. We’re tackling insanely challenging problems, often without obvious solutions, but our growing team has already made rapid progress, and we need to go faster.
The high-level job description has only one item: help us make progress in identifying cures for diseases.
- You’ll shorten the time required to solve important machine learning problems by partnering with data and machine learning scientists in designing and evaluating state-of-the-art deep learning models, optimizing training and inference code, and deploying, monitoring and maintaining the performance of trained models in production.
- You’ll work with huge amounts (>3PB) of image data and serve this to deep learning models for training and inference.
- You’ll partner with data engineering in building outstanding machine learning infrastructure, and helping other scientists to use this infrastructure productively.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years of experience implementing, training, and evaluating deep learning models using modern deep learning frameworks.
- Experience using modern technologies to accelerate machine learning efforts. Our current tech stack uses Python and the pydata libraries, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Kubernetes and Docker, Big Query, and other Google Cloud Platform services.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse teams of varying scientific backgrounds.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Biology background is not necessary, but genuine curiosity is a must!
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY
- Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums (in most cases 100%)
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter) in addition to flexible, generous vacation/sick leave
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars
- Generous paid parental leave for birth, non-birth, and adoptive parents
- Gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our new headquarters
- Gleaming new 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Check out what it is like to work at Recursion here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpOENLieOd8