Founded in 1965, Prometheus is the largest privately held owner of apartments in the San Francisco Bay Area, with a portfolio of over 13,000 apartments in the Silicon Valley, Portland and Seattle regions. We invest in real estate long-term and the focus on enduring quality drives every element of what we do - from our selection of locations, to design decisions, reinvestments into our Neighborhoods and our operating strategy.
We are proud to be a Certified B Corporation, part of a group of companies that meets the highest standards for using business as a force for good. We have more than 500 Prometheans, and have a home office in San Mateo, with satellite offices in Portland, Oregon, and in the Bay Area. We are a vertically integrated company with four main core competencies in-house: acquisitions/investments, development, value-add renovations, and operations/property management. Prometheus has a long history of award-winning approaches to what we do, receiving over 100 awards for design and excellence including Fortune Magazine’s list of 100 Best Small & Medium Companies, the 100 Best Workplaces for Women and Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
We are focused on Good Living for the Greater Good. This means providing a true sense of home and belonging for our Neighbors and Prometheans and giving our time and resources to bring positive change locally and beyond. It also means supporting you in your career goals with the very best working experience, and that starts with us having fun in the work we do together.
YOUR ROLE AND IMPACT
The Assistant Construction Manager will possess a background in planning for and managing residential multifamily construction from a daily execution standpoint. The Assistant Construction Manager must have the ability to ensure timely progress of complex projects with excellent organizational skills to track and follow up on deliverables.
The Assistant Construction Manager is responsible for supporting all aspects of the assigned development and/or construction project(s), primarily including:
- Review and management of construction plans. You will complete detailed examinations of construction plans and ensure specifications are uphold the highest possible standards for quality by assisting to ensuring construction documents are of complete detail and scope to address critical issues such as code compliance, constructability, noise transmission, waterproofing, etc. with a focus on not only preventing future costs or delays during construction but also considering future needs and maintenance costs and asset value.
- Coordination of the construction process. You will help monitor and manage the project schedule throughout the pre-construction and construction periods by assisting to overseeing the third-party General Contractor and assisting with coordinating project interactions and schedules with both internal departments and external consultants.
- Project administration. You will assist in the confirmation of adherence to contract documents and processing of project documents by writing, logging, and reviewing RFIs, ASIs, subcontracts, purchase orders, submittals, field reports, procurement logs, buy-outs logs, change orders, and other project controls. You will monitor and control our construction software systems like Prolog, PlanGrid, and Procore, track procurement of materials, and evaluate manpower counts against requirements in the General Contractor’s plan.
The Assistant Construction Manager possesses the following experience, skills and abilities and should be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree with preference given to construction management, engineering, architecture, or business management
- Experience in construction management is required with a preference give to residential multifamily development
- Must be able to read and interpret plans and specification as well as documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instruction in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Background in reviewing architectural and engineering drawings to ensure specifications and regulations are followed
- Must be able to manage budgets, timelines, and constructions schedules with extreme attention to detail
- Good business acumen and an understanding of legal issues and contracts negotiation
- Ability to effectively supervise outside vendors in a manner that supports the firm’s goals, timeframes, and expectations
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a variety of benefits that take compensation well beyond a paycheck. This includes traditional benefits and benefits you might not expect or know about, such as:
- 100% Paid Benefits (you read that right, Prometheus pays 100% of healthcare, vision, and dental insurance premiums for all Prometheans and their families)
- Paid volunteer time
- Housing discounts
- 401(K) matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 paid holidays plus vacation
Learn more about these and other perks of being a Promethean by exploring our full Benefits Guide.
Prometheus is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.