Position / Title: Residential Credit Controller – Intern
Pretium is a specialized alternative investment management firm focused on U.S. residential real estate, residential credit, and corporate credit with approximately ~$51.2 billion of assets under management. Pretium was founded in 2012 to capitalize on secular investment and lending opportunities arising as a result of structural changes, disruptions, and inefficiencies within the economy. Pretium has built an integrated analytical and operational ecosystem within the U.S. housing, residential credit, and corporate and structured credit markets, and believes that its insight and experience within these markets give the Firm its strategic advantage.
We are seeking a 2023 Summer Intern on the Residential Credit Controller team. This position will be part of our Pretium Summer Internship Program. Our program includes formal PowerPoint and Excel training, and the internship will provide a unique experience and invaluable look into a rapidly growing asset manager, working with industry leaders on meaningful projects. Interns will have the opportunity to make significant professional contributions while developing expertise in a dynamic team environment. This position is based in Minneapolis, MN aligning to our hybrid in office policy.
- Maintenance of books and records for funds
- Assistance with preparation of fund financial statements and management reporting
- Support fund financing and trade settlement activities
- Management of capital calls and distributions
- GPA 3.2 or above preferred
- Candidate must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s program (rising Senior / Class of 2024)
- Majoring in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other related majors preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Highly proactive with a strong work ethic and ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Passion to use data and collaborate with broader teams
- Strong desire to learn
What We Offer
This position offers the opportunity to join a collegial, entrepreneurial firm committed to the personal and professional growth of its team members and to maintaining a positive, encouraging work environment where people enjoy working together.
Pretium is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.