Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Sr. Program Manager, Product Planning
Job Summary: The Pokémon Center Program Management division of The Pokémon Company International (TPCi) is the team that program/project manages the initiatives mainly related with Pokémon Center product development. The team collaborates with a wide range of internal teams to support annual product planning and on-time product development. This team is also tasked with other cross functional projects for the success of the rapidly expanding Pokémon Center business that creates everything from collectible figures to custom apparel to home goods.
This position will be responsible for managing and facilitating annual product planning, involving a wide range of internal teams from Category Management, Merchandise Development, Production, Editing, Design, and Product Safety. This position will execute quarterly reviews against the annual product plan and capacity analysis and recommend solutions to current and potential challenges. Not limited to annual product planning management, the role will also support tool development, process improvement, and change management for the success of overall Pokémon Center business. Facilitation, process management, accuracy, attention to detail, cross-functional communication, and the ability to build strong relationships are vital to this role.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Drive Pokémon Center’s annual product planning cycle. Create/deliver a comprehensive planning rhythm and drive deadlines across phases with cross functional teams and partners including Legal, Finance and Marketing
- Partner with cross functional teams to create the annual product roadmap
- Develop/enhance annual planning tools, including Excel-based tracking, reporting and analysis tools
- Facilitate input from the Category Management team that outlines the desired assortment to meet revenue targets
- Analyze available resource capacity across internal teams and adjust roadmap, identify resource needs & solutions accordingly
- Facilitate trade off discussions among the relevant teams, track and report progress on the annual product plan
- Facilitate and execute review of the plan against actuals, evaluate opportunities for improvement to achieve financial goals and strategic objectives
- Analyze, adjust, and report on resource capacity estimates on a quarterly basis
- When assigned individual projects, lead cross functional teams in bringing best-in-class products to life while delivering on KPI’s to support line plans, production and sourcing strategy and company goals
- Drive and ensure effective decision making with internal stakeholders, including executive leadership when required
- Continuously improve on annual, quarterly, and monthly integrated planning cycles including defining performance metrics, securing timeliness of in-warehouse dates, aligning to financial budgets, ensuring products are designed and developed to cost to address customer demand
What you’ll bring
- BA or BS degree
- Minimum 10 years of Project Management experience, preferably in the consumer product /entertainment industry
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience managing complex multiple mid to large-sized projects, including overall responsibility for schedule and solution delivery
- Experience with resource capacity management required
- Experience with large scale portfolio management desired
- PMP Certification or other project management certification is desired
- Experience with cross-functional process development, improvement, and implementation desired
- Proficiency in project management software/tools to manage projects and facilitate related communication, including and not limited to Workfront, Jira, Confluence, Excel, Word, MS Project, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Excel skills to include working with data: tables, sorting, filtering, pivot tables, charts, conditional formatting, data validation, and complex formulas/functions
- Building basic data models using Power Query and Power Pivot. Defining measures using DAX language
- Leading the team with best practices when collaborating in a shared tracker spreadsheet
- Knowledge and experience in change management principles and methodology to encourage faster adoption of changes to business process and minimizing resistance to change
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $125,000.00-$187,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: EN.PMPD.P4
Internal Job Profile: Business Program/Project Manager (IC4)