Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Technical Program Manager
Job Summary: The IT Program Manager will build out a stakeholder engagement plan, communicate program objectives, and ensure collaboration with stakeholders to create a prioritized roadmap and backlog for the program.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Implement and manage stakeholder management strategies to ensure successful program/project deliveries.
- Drive program stakeholder engagement ensuring understanding of their priorities and inclusion in strategic planning.
- Develop a deep understanding of the enterprise product development, sourcing and production processes and all related projects and initiatives that could impact the program
- Represent IT Product Lifecycle Program at executive level steering committees.
- Analyze, track and report out program risks and subsequent mitigation steps.
- Create and manage Program Roadmap.
- Lead Program Increment (PI) Planning and Program Reviews.
- Monitor and contribute to software selection process ensuring the as-is state and future state are \in alignment with stakeholder’s strategic initiatives
- Communicate prioritization and trade-off operational decisions to the cross-functional program team to drive consensus, and ensure that those decisions are properly documented
- Define key work-streams and break down the work into manageable projects
- Assist project managers to remove obstacles and escalate risks as needed.
- While focused on at the program level, the Program Manager may manage a one-off project as needed.
- Contribute to building TPMO processes, standardization, and best practices.
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of Program Management experience with a solid foundation in program management practices as well as experience working with Agile teams.
- Experience with global product lifecycle management, consumer packaged goods, licensing, sourcing, product safety, and new product development.
- Software selection management knowledge
- Proven experience in formulating and executing both short and long-term program strategic goals
- Proficiency with managing the people side of Change Management
- Experience creating dashboards, road maps, and other reporting for the executive level.
- Familiarity with navigating in JIRA, Confluence, Workfront, SharePoint, preferred.
- Experience with PLM software a plus
- Certified Scrum Product Owner certification preferred.
- Prosci Certified Change Practitioner preferred.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $98000.00 - 148000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: EN.PMPD.P2
Internal Job Profile: Technical Program Manager (IC2)