Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International (TPCi), a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Bilingual Corporate Strategy Manager, President’s Office
Job Summary: The President's Office is a small, specialized group under development that advises the President and executive leadership team on driving, assessing, and prioritizing the long-term strategic direction and operating priorities. In this role, you will work directly with the Chief of Staff to develop and manage the cadence of the business by structuring and interacting with the Executive team, The Pokémon Company Japan (TPC) leaders, and other affiliates' stakeholders. This role puts you in the middle of TPCi in unprecedented growth in the company's history. As a member of the President's Office, you will lead key corporate initiatives, special projects, and internal and external stakeholder communication.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- You will contribute to TPCi's further growth by partnering with TPCi leadership team and TPC stakeholders to execute the strategic agenda.
- You will work with the Chief of Staff to build and drive a cadence to help the TPCi leadership team to maximize their effectiveness.
- You will collaborate with Finance and other respective internal stakeholders to develop and utilize executive-level dashboards.
- You will leverage financial and non-financial information to support well-informed decision-making for the TPCi leadership.
- You will develop and compile management reports and presentations to TPC and other affiliates' executives.
- You will lead and manage cross-functional projects with TPCi and/or TPC stakeholders.
- You will conduct other duties as required.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years experience in corporate strategy, business planning, consulting, and/or project management
- You are bilingual in Japanese and English (oral and written) fluently.
- Experience in driving change in a large company is a plus
- Experience in both Japanese and U.S. corporations is a plus
- Deep analytical skills to interpret data and qualitative information
- Excellence in developing compelling and precise reports and presentations
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with a high desire to learn and grow – highly curious with the ability to calculate risks
- Highly skilled in M.S. Office Suite and data analysis tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Operates with a sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines
- Dependable and exhibits strong professional integrity and respect for confidentialities
- A commitment to quality
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $107,000.00-$162,000.00 This range applies to the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates’ qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: Business Operations Specialist (IC4)
Internal Job Profile: