Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst II (Media)
Job Summary: The Business Intelligence Analyst II (Media) will work to provide data, analysis and insights, and will offer expertise across a variety of data sources, and applications. We are looking for an analytical individual who loves diving into data, telling a clear story, and offering inspired insight to help understand the behaviors of our users. Your findings will influence the development of our offerings as we strive to improve, innovate, and continue to build exciting products to support our brand. This position will be key role in helping support and influence our approach to providing video content to our users.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Determine the data needed to answer key business questions, and deliver analysis to a variety of stakeholders throughout the organization
- Present recommendations in a clear, easy to understand format for technical and non-technical audiences alike, while documenting the analytical process
- Query and aggregate data from a variety of environments to conduct in-depth analyses
- Help design and build data telemetry models which will enable us to collect and utilize data reported from numerous sources
- Work with designers to identify systems and mechanics which may be improved, using data to help support your findings
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years or more professional experience in data analysis
- Expert user of SQL for data analysis
- B.S. or B.A. in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field preferred
- Experience with enterprise data platforms (Databricks, Redshift, Snowflake)
- Experience with data visualization through Tableau, Looker, or similar reporting tools
- Experience with statistical packages such as R, Python, or SAS
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: MK.MRBI.P2
Internal Job Profile: Business Intelligence Analyst (IC2)