Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Software Test Engineer (STE) [Multiple Openings: Level 2, 3] (Hybrid)
Job Summary: The Software Test Engineer (STE) supports business groups by providing a vital quality check and detailed reporting at different stages in the product life cycle. The STE will be responsible for creating test strategies, coordinating test execution with vendor partners, performing root-cause analysis, and driving bug triage. This role will work closely with others in the technology group as well as internal business units, driving quality with a customer focus in mind.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
Note: We have multiple openings and are hiring for IC Level 2 & 3
We are looking for 3-6+ years of related professional experience for varying levels.
- Experience operating within an Agile development environment.
- Knowledgeable in test planning, estimation, and ability to break down areas into testable components.
- Experience with bug tracking software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and/or equivalent working experience.
What you’ll do
- Determine and develop test strategies for a wide range of testing issues and drive to completion
- Coordinate quality automation engineers and tool creation across project disciplines to complete overall end to end test strategy as appropriate
- Manage bug database triage by prioritizing critical or major cases and working with multi-discipline teams to resolve and close while providing a holistic project view of release readiness for stake holders.
- Proactively coordinate the creation and execution of test cases, triage bugs, and report testing status to project teams.
- Help troubleshoot issues found within the products.
- Use data to create dashboards and thresholds to identify project risk and communicate recommendations and updates to stakeholders.
- Prioritize test coverage, identify risk, and communicate recommendations and updates to stakeholders.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life cycle.
- Create and drive User Acceptance Testing for projects.
What you’ll bring
- Three (3) to six (6+) years of related professional experience.
- Proficient in test planning, estimation, and ability to break down areas into testable components.
- Experience operating within an Agile development environment and coordinating test execution across several teams.
- Proficient at managing bug databases, workflows, and driving bug predictions toward defined project milestones.
- Proficient at using data to direct and prioritize project coverage and testing.
- Understands how to drive product quality improvement.
- Familiar with quality management system (QMS).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: MF.QCMF.P2
Internal Job Profile: QC Analyst (IC2) and (IC3)