Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst III (Supply Chain and Automated Retail)
The business intelligence analyst will drive change through influence of analytics and data insight capabilities within The Pokémon Company International. This position will be primarily responsible to deliver against analytics roadmaps, own the full end to end analytics process and deliver dashboarding for Supply Chain and Automated Retail (In-store Vending Machines). This role will function as an analytic SME to stakeholders and act as the analytical go-to for insights and support business decisions, increase process optimizations and increase efficiency for each workstream. In addition, this position will assist with the data strategy and data recommendations for each area. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, be self-directed, drive accountability and have a keen ability to analyze data to identify and communicate patterns.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Own all parts of the analytics analysis from design, development, analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing data findings to various stakeholders
- Own, maintain and deliver the BI roadmap for each workstream for Supply Chain and Automated Retail (In-store Vending Machines)
- Become an analytic SME for high value and high impact projects to represent BI interests
- Drive recommendation and optimization solution to streamline or automate data collection to improve business processes identified by analytics and insights
- Provide recommendation and insight of ways to increase efficiency in business processes and cost savings
- Create dashboards and visualizations to track key performance indicators and effectively communicate trends
- Analyze data using statistics and other methodologies to solve business problems
- Research and understand key factors in consumer behavior and purchase process to inform our product development strategy
- Integrate relevant information and disparate data sources in developing analysis, insights, and recommendations
- Effectively scope, size, and plan the development of analytical solutions and set expectations accordingly
- Work with finance and business leaders to understand and prioritize opportunities where data and analytical insights can provide significant business value
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- 3+ years or more providing analytics in Supply Chain or Automated Retail
- Experience with warehouse, transportation or enterprise resource planning data a plus
- Experience with data visualization through Tableau or similar tools
- Expert user of SQL for data analysis
- Excellent statistics background and ability to explain analytical methodologies simply and thoroughly
- Ability to work and communicate across multiple levels (leadership to individual contributors) and different stakeholder groups
- Experience with ETL data experience a plus
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Profile: Business Intelligence Analyst (IC3)