Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Tax Associate
Job Summary: The Tax Associate will be responsible for preparing TPCi’s tax provision and tax returns to ensure that all tax-related filings are compliant with federal, state, local, and foreign tax regulations. This position will also collaborate with accounting, finance, logistics, and external tax advisors to ensure TPCi is mitigating tax risks and exposures.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
As a Tax Associate at TPCi, your primary responsibilities will consist of tax provision and tax return preparation duties, including (but not limited to) quarterly and annual tax provision, tax research, tax planning, and the preparation of supporting workpapers for various tax returns and tax related projects.
The Tax Associate will report to a tax manager and work closely with the tax manager on all phases of the provision and compliance processes. Examples of the job responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Prepare quarterly and annual income tax provisions under ASC 740 to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Prepare federal and state corporate income tax returns
- Prepare monthly indirect tax information and filings including, but not limited to Sales Tax, VAT, GST/HST, Gross Receipts Tax, WA Business & Occupation Tax, and Property Tax
- Prepare information and responding to inquiries from the Company’s auditors
- Responding to inquiries from the IRS and other taxing authorities
- As appropriate, coordinates with software vendor to maintain tax software system; recommends updates to enhance the tax software
- Building relationships at all levels both internally and externally within the Company, promoting a culture of collaboration
- Provide information and assistance to external tax advisors & auditors
- Assist with research and analysis of entrance into new jurisdictions
- Research and analyze new and changing tax laws to ensure proper compliance
- Own the global tax calendar by keeping it up to date
- Assist in various strategic tax planning projects and carrying out other tax projects as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Tax, Finance, or related discipline required.
- Two (2) or more years of tax experience required in any combination of the following areas: Federal income tax, States income/sales tax (preferred), and VAT/GST/HST
- Experience with using OneSource Tax Provision & Income Tax preparation software and applications is preferred.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Fusion is preferred.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to deliver on tight timelines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Profile: Accountant (IC2)