The Manager, DevOps Tools is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Tools Engineering team. This role will oversee the support, administration and engineering of JIRA and Confluence as our primary service offerings, as well as other tools leveraged by the TPCi Technology teams to build, test, and release features for Pokemon.com and other digital products. They will lead internal DevOps Tools projects and initiatives in addition to managing the backlog, sprints, roadmap, and budget while staying current on technology and trends that relate to Tools’ service offerings.
What You’ll Do
- Recruit, develop, mentor, coach and inspire a team of Tools Administrators and Engineers, while also building a culture of collaboration, making data-driven decisions and continuous learning.
- Create personalized development plans for members of your team to enable opportunities for growth and new capabilities.
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment on priorities and effective collaboration on projects.
- Partner with our technical leads to solve complicated problems, identify and reinforce technical direction, and establish clear priorities.
- Support the team by managing workload, prioritizing tasks, escalations, unblocking impediments
- Ensure the high standards for the operability of our Tools offerings are met by managing the maintenance, patching, upgrades and performance observability of Tools
- Provide guidance and oversight of the team supporting the Tools Support service desk
- Lead the efforts to evaluate, test, install and configure 3rd party add-ons for our tools to provide enhanced functionality.
- Proactively identify potential tools solutions to meet the Technology Teams’ requirements in support of build, test and release of digital products
- Manage and lead Proof of Concept efforts for new tools’ evaluations
- Manage the design and implementation of the training program for new users of JIRA, Confluence, and other tools to leverage best practices and recommendations
- Provide world-class support of our users with a focus of continuous improvement of our service offerings.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent working experience and 3+ years managing a DevOps Tools/Service Desk team (Responsible for tools such as: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Jenkins, Perforce, Zendesk, etc.).
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools and technology such as Perforce, Bitbucket, Terraform, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, and Artifactory.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment and the ability to lead the teams backlog refinement, planning, and retrospectives.
- Thorough understanding of the DevOps concepts & culture, with a focus on leveraging software engineering tools, methodologies and concepts.
- Functional knowledge and experience including but not limited to: Development practices, Information Security principles, Vendor Management, Executive Communications, and Data Analytics.
- Experience establishing and implementing process for user management; defining, documenting and implementing user access models across Developer and Enterprise Tools (including permissions sets, roles and profiles)
- Experience establishing and implementing a technical support model and training for users of Developer and Enterprise Tools
- Experience in identifying and implementing continuous improvement processes to optimize tools systems
- Experience using Tools/Tools usage data to guide decisions regarding the Tools’ lifecycle
- Ability to effectively prioritize and support new Tools requests and/or Tools updates
- Experience identifying, researching and evaluating Development Tools for use across the Enterprise
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: Impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.