The Pokémon Company International is looking for a software Release Manager with a dedication to quality software products for one of the most beloved, enduring brands in the world. This position within the Tech Org Technical Program Management Office (TPMO) supports highly utilized online software services for an active userbase as well as mobile app launches. They will ensure we release with expedience and quality through the implementation of lightweight processes, identification & remediation of single points of failure, clear visibility into upcoming changes, their contents, and generally untangling quagmires while keeping a level head. This role will ensure the highest-quality code deployments, look for new ways to be more efficient, and always have a path to success ready to go by partnering with development, test, security, and business teams.
What You Will Do
- Negotiate, plan, schedule, coordinate, and otherwise facilitate software releases for multiple development teams.
- Oversee the status and progression of code in development, staging, beta, and production environments.
- Ensure quality releases by reviewing code submissions, deployment plans, and test cases.
- Maintain and champion a comprehensive Release Calendar to aid in cross-team and cross-org release communication.
- Facilitate and approve Go/No-Go decisions.
- Implement scalable processes to accommodate variable release size and complexity.
- Facilitate and monitor code and/or feature deployment by development teams and vendors to meet or exceed quality expectations.
- Maintain release documentation and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Maintain awareness of all team projects and major initiatives/goals.
- Extract and analyze release data to provide to Tech Org stakeholders.
- Constantly look for areas of improvement in the Release Management process suite.
What You Will Bring
- 4 + years’ experience in software release management.
- 4+ years’ experience working in Agile Scrum (or "Scrum, and") software development environment.
- 2+ years of experience in as a technical project manager or game producer preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical speakers.
- Experience with SCM tools (such as Git, Perforce, Azure DevOps).
- Obsession with process evolution, while being grounded enough to respect constraints.
- Scripting/tools experience preferred.
- Dedication to shipping quality products and maintaining one of the strongest brands in the world.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with the ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite ambiguity, obstacles or setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow-through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.