The Director, Business Applications is a trusted technologist and business partner who is responsible for the vision and delivery of innovative technology solutions and services to stakeholders across the organization. This includes capabilities such as Enterprise Architecture, Organizational Change Management, automation, and program teams.
This role is responsible for direct leadership of the Business Applications department.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain a roadmap to achieve objectives of the business with the use of efficient processes and technology
- Implement an Enterprise Architecture capability within the team that aligns business objectives with technology capabilities.
- Create an Organizational Change Management practice within the organization to address the people part of implementing new processes and systems.
- Partner with leadership and key stakeholders to understand business imperatives, establish priorities, and guide the vision for an agile product team that delivers predictable, high quality outcomes.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to build a quality, modern platform that scales, ensuring overall architecture fits the business problem
- Determine the best support structure for all systems whether that is using internal or external teams
- Management of all aspects of IT systems including long-range strategy planning, implementing annual roadmaps, managing team resources, optimizing operational processes, management reporting, and related continuous improvement.
- Prepare effective business cases for systems improvements and/or alternative new systems, clearly articulating non-financial and financial benefits and costs, and influencing various stakeholders effectively.
- Periodically calculate the agreed-upon metrics for assessing system effectiveness, and use these to refine the systems strategy as needed
- Manage a team, which includes hiring, performance management, assigning work and training
What You’ll Bring
- BA/BS desired in a Business and/or Computer Science field
- 10+ years of system solutions delivery/support experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing a team of technical experts
- 6-8 years of experience with an ERP system
- 4-5 years of experience with a CRM tool like Salesforce
- 4-5 years of experience with middleware integration software
- 4-5 years of experience with Enterprise Architecture
- 4-5 years of experience with Organization Change Management
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) is a plus
How You Will Be Successful
- Innovative: Encourages diverse thinking to develop fresh ideas that provides solutions to workplace challenges and opportunities.
- Customer Focus: Continuously paying attention to internal and external customer needs and adapting as they evolve to exceed expectations.
- Impact and Influence: Persuades, negotiates, and convinces others to gain the support and commitment of others for an idea, agenda or direction.
- Global Perspective: Understands globalization and the interconnective nature of the world. Appreciates and leverages the capabilities, insights and ideas of all individuals; knows how to work effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities and geographies.
- Resourceful: Finds ways to get things done efficiently and effectively to accomplish goals and redefine what is possible.
- Action Oriented: Seizes opportunities, takes on tough challenges and drives ideas and plans forward with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm. Able to pivot to solution focus and inspires others to do the same.
- Analytical Thinking: Uses logical reasoning to systematically, analyze, diagnose and resolve issues using data.
- Excellence (Quality): Maintains and promotes high standards, seeking ways to improve products and services and encouraging others to do the same, resulting in quality deliverables.
- Collaborative: Develops, maintains, communicates and strengthens partnerships with others inside and outside the organization to achieve goals and positive results.
- Decision Making and Accountability: Makes decisions with a balance of speed and quality. Takes responsibility and considers all relevant factors and input to make timely and well-informed decisions, actions and outcomes.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.