At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive learning programs and mentorship opportunities help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
The Marketing team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company’s growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to increase brand awareness and help our Sales and Customer Success teams grow and retain our client base. The Marketing team is responsible for all demand generation efforts including successful campaign, account-based marketing and digital channel executions, effective product and customer marketing efforts, strategy-optimizing data and analytics and engaging client and trade-show events. The Marketing team also drives the brand forward via impactful public relations and management of our dynamic sports partnerships.
The Web Personalization and Testing Specialist role is responsible for optimizing our website for conversions through the planning and execution of A/B testing and personalization initiatives and partnering closely with leaders across Operations, Segment Managers and Account Based Marketing (ABM) teams on web-based tactics to identify, target, engage and convert core segments and accounts. The role will also be required to analyze results using statistical methods, provide final recommendations and present test outcomes.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Lead development of A/B testing roadmap and own all A/B test initiative strategy across the site that will help grow conversion rate and optimize the customer experience
- Drive personalization strategy in partnership with content team to increase the quality of each experience for new and existing customers
- Partner with Search Engine Optimization, Operations and Segment Management leaders on strategic personalization campaigns and web experiences to target and engage core segments, regions and more to drive them through our marketing funnel
- Be the subject matter authority in experimentation (A/B, multivariate, etc.) and understand our existing platform and how to optimize it for experimentation at scale
- Build and monitor reporting to assess the return-on-investment of our personalization and A/B testing programs and adjust and optimize as needed. Share these findings with the broader marketing team and senior leadership
- Assist our Operations and Performance Marketing teams with tactics and tools to collect more information on our website users to create personalized experiences and better qualify leads for our sales team
- Partner with our ABM Manager on web-based tactics to identify, attract, engage and convert core accounts visiting our website
- Collaborate with our Editorial team to build website marketing tactics around their core KPIs (i.e. increasing newsletter subscriber base, generating higher report readership, etc.)
- Align with our paid digital marketing team on personalization and engagement opportunities for users who have interacted with our digital ads. Knowledge share about A/B testing tactics and areas of opportunity
- Partner with Operations and Sales leaders on tactics to improve the quality of leads coming through our website
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years previous experience in a web and digital A/B testing role
- Experience implementing A/B tests with thorough knowledge of best practices and willingness to learn and stay on top of new tactics and tools
- Demonstrated data-driven mindset and comfortable analyzing data and using findings to power business decisions
- Experience with Google Analytics and Tableau is a plus
- Experience building personalized website experiences
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience presenting findings and making recommendations to executives
- Ability to work cross-functionally with leaders across our analyst, development, design and other teams
- Passion for innovation and unafraid to bring new ideas and tactics to the table. Stays on top of digital marketing industry trends
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel and the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
Benefits + Compensation at PitchBook:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- STD, LTD, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid sabbatical program after four years
- Paid family and paternity leave
- Annual educational stipend
- Ability to apply for tuition reimbursement
- CFA exam stipend
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Employee assistance program
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days and volunteer days
- Matching gifts program
- Employee resource groups
- Subsidized emergency childcare
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- 401k match
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Monthly transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
- Annual base salary: $72,450-$123,050
- Target annual bonus percentage: 10%
*Starting pay will be based on several factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be different ranges for candidates by location.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.