At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve, and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy, and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive learning programs and mentorship opportunities help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast, and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
As a member of our Account Management & Customer Success team, you will thrive on your ability to embrace and drive change and your commitment to ensuring you and PitchBook are always growing and improving. While continually learning and exploring new ideas and concepts, you will be inspired to ask questions and challenge the status quo while remaining focused on our customers’ success. We value teamwork and collaboration and encourage our people to build strong, trusting relationships with their teammates, customers, and partners. A contagious positivity, insatiable curiosity, and people-first attitude are the winning traits of our most successful Account Management & Customer Success team members. If this sounds like you, join us!
PitchBook’s Account Development Manager for Data Feed + API provides support to our Sales and Customer Success teams as well as our clients related to our Application Programming Interface (API) and data feed solutions. Direct Data Account Development Managers are tasked with learning about the challenges and needs of our clients. Account Development Managers work in collaboration with our Direct Data Sales Engineers to customize data feed and API solutions that will effectively address client challenges.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Consult with PitchBook clients and prospects to determine the suitability of our customer-facing data feed and API solutions in their processes
- Partner with PitchBook’s Sales and Customer Success teams to sell data feed and API solutions to clients and prospects
- Manage a queue of client or prospect projects and sales opportunities
- Accurately forecast opportunity pipeline on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Drive innovation throughout the department by finding new and creative ways to serve our customers, sell our products, and build our team
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- 2-4 years previous experience in business development, customer success, and/or marketing
- Experience working with customer-facing data feed and API solutions and implementation, particularly with RESTful APIs
- Willingness to learn database concepts, including but not limited to, relational tables, data types, and normalization
- Ability to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences including methods for fuzzy matching, name matching, and record reconciliation
- Both social and technical with the ability to foster relationships with senior level executives
- Strong desire and the ability to learn more about the private equity, venture capital, and M&A marketplace and understand why and how each of our diverse client types engages with our product and data
- Proficiency working with Salesforce and other CRM tools
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
Benefits at PitchBook:
- Private medical insurance
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- Private life insurance
- Parental leave
- Education subsidies
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days, and volunteer days
- Employee resource groups
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- Retirement contributions via MPF
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning, and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.