At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive mentorship, education and training programs help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
The Product Management team within PitchBook’s Product organization works to strategically align PitchBook’s product initiatives with core customer needs and ruthlessly prioritize development efforts to drive both increased user engagement and increased win rates vs. competitors.
PitchBook’s Sr. Product Manager acts as a subject matter expert and go-to resource for their subject matter across PitchBook. Sr. Product Managers work collaboratively with key stakeholders and project teams to execute the product roadmap. This role champions the needs of our clients, pain points and business opportunities across the organization. They also serve as a mentor for team members on the Product Management process.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Champion client needs, pain points and business opportunities across the organization
- Be a subject matter expert for your product and a go-to resource for team members across PitchBook
- Actively define product roadmap prioritization and create business cases for new opportunities
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and project teams to execute your product roadmap
- Create detailed functional specifications from prioritized requirements
- Communicate requirements and technical details to stakeholders, including engineering teams
- Proactively improve our external and internal deliverables and operational processes
- Establish project goals, measure business impact and prioritize additional opportunities for success
- Influence product brand and experience decisions across teams
- Give compelling presentations to stakeholders on projects and vision
- Become a mentor for team members on the Product Management process
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Finance, Accounting or a related field
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Strong bias for action
- Experience establishing customer-centric requirements and writing functional design specification documents to satisfy the requirements
- Self-directed: sets and meets deadlines, multi-tasks and prioritizes
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals
- Ability to leverage tools (SQL, Mixpanel, Fullstory) to quickly access and analyze data to drive product decision making
- Team player that helps junior team members learn and grow
- Superior analytical, interpersonal and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Benefits + Compensation at PitchBook:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- STD, LTD, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid sabbatical program after four years
- Paid family and paternity leave
- Annual educational stipend
- Ability to apply for tuition reimbursement
- CFA exam stipend
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Employee assistance program
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days and volunteer days
- Matching gifts program
- Employee resource groups
- Subsidized emergency childcare
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- 401k match
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Monthly transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
- Annual base salary: $96,600-$222,000
- Target annual bonus percentage: 10%
*Starting pay will be based on several factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be different ranges for candidates by location.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.