Pendo is looking for a Revenue Accountant who will be responsible for the entire revenue process from contract review in Salesforce to execution in the General Ledger including, reconciling ARR, booking revenue in accordance with Revenue Recognition Standard ASC 606, as well as executing the billing.
The Revenue Accountant reports directly to the Revenue Sr. Manager and will work cross-functionally with Sales, Customer Success, Finance and Legal. S/He will play a pivotal role in meeting the cash, revenue, and ARR targets.
- Execute monthly accounting close activities and deliverables in revenue and related areas, including creation and delivery of customer invoices, preparation of the journal entries and account reconciliations and performing analytics in accordance with the month end close schedule
- Review contracts for proper revenue recognition considerations in compliance with ASC606.
- Maintain our sales tax compliance and perform monthly reconciliation of taxes between Avalara and Intacct
- Support audit requests
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- B.S Degree in Accounting
- Experience: 1-2 years in Revenue Accounting or 1-2 years in Public Accounting
- Solid understanding of ASC 606 revenue recognition preferably in a SAAS organization
- Experience in account reconciliations
- CPA preferred
- Software knowledge: Excel & Google Sheets, Salesforce (a plus), Intacct (a plus), Avalara (a plus)
- Hard worker and driven with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.